Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

TETSU Ramen てつ ラーメン屋-つけ麺

Shinagawa has another ramen shop, TETSU, that I would recommend.  It is located right outside of Shinagawa JR station and 5 min walk from my apartment.  

It was my first experience to purchase a ramen ticket from the vending machine and I was a bit skeptical at first but I can see why this method is widely used.  Space is typically limited in ramen shops and in order to minimize time spent indoors, ordering is done outside.  

Anyways, I purchased the special cha-siu ramen for 1,000YEN.  Veggies come seperately at 100YEN.  I was surprised again when my ramen was brought out as the noodles, broth, and vegetables were all in separate bowls.  It was explained to me that drinking the broth was unhealthy due to the sodium and fats and so to avoid the noodles and vegetables from soaking up the soup, it is presented separately.  Additionally, the soup was THICK.  The way to eat this was to dip the noodles into the broth, eat, and repeat.  Similar to cold soba noodles.  I tasted the soup, which is made from seafood and pork bone, by itself and the flavor was intensely concentrated and salty.  If you prefer a thinner soup, chicken broth is offered in thermoses on the table for soup diluting purposes.  

The broth, noodles, char-siu, and egg were much tastier than the first ramen shop.  If there was a ramen shop I would come back to, it would be this one.  Beware though, I heard the line could be demotivating during lunch hours.












大きな地図で見る

No comments:

Post a Comment