Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Kyoho Grapes!!!

Have you ever had these grape gummies??  The flavor does not taste at all  like grapes that you buy in America.  So much so that I always thought it had a slightly artificial taste to it.  However, when I decided to splurge on Kyoho grapes in Tokyo for 1006YEN to see what it was all about, I was SHOCKED to find it tasted EXACTLY like the artificial tasting gummy candies.  I found these large round dark purple grapes to have an interesting firm textured flesh, which I prefer over the soft watery consistency in grapes back in America.  After eating three globes, I was already full.  I bought two different kinds of Kyoho grapes... one from Queen Isetan and the other from Wing Supermarket.  Queen Isetan's trumps Wing's in terms of sweetness, taste, and firmness of flesh.  So it is definitely worth spending 200YEN more to buy Queen Isetan's grapes.  







No comments:

Post a Comment