Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Ramen Experience in Shinagawa -風神つけ麺ラーメン

This is a sit-at-counter type of ramen shop.  When I went, we waited 15 min for a seat but well worth it.  I ordered their ちゃしゅう麺(Char-siu ramen = chashuu men).  It comes with seaweed, some other pickled vegetable, green onion, noodles, and decently thick slices of char-siu.  The noodles were cooked to my liking as it was not too soft and slightly chewy.  The broth was pork based, not too salty, and deliciously savory.  The ramen cost 900YEN, a bit pricey, but I guess everything in Japan is pretty expensive.   The ramen was good, definitely 10x better than Houston could offer, but not as spectacular as the Asahikawa ramen I had in Hokkaido.  I'm still on the search for a tastier ramen shop.




大きな地図で見る

No comments:

Post a Comment