Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vasteras - Varda Restaurant

This restaurant is a winner in my book.  Although it burned a hole through my wallet and even through my pants, every morsel was worth it.  Add the modern ambiance and you've got yourself the most chill, fresh experience.  I was told the next day that I ate at one of the two best restaurants Vasteras had to offer.

Outdoor patio in 55F weather.
Menu.
Assortment of bread.  A glass of wine.
Gazpacho.  On the house.
Very interesting chairs and setting.
Serrano ham, tomato, mozzarella, basil sorbet appetizer.
Halibut, asparagus foam, asparagus risotto entree.
Interesting green plastic vines.
Chocolate creme, dulce de leche, raspberries, popcorn icecream.  So god damn good.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing shots! I like the "Gazpacho. On the house." shot the best. The off-center glass and the slight but beautiful bokeh of the box makes it the most artistic shot. Even if it was "on the table" and not on a house...
    I'm really surprised the presentation of the food was so beautiful straight from the kitchen. Especially with the appetizer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I only learned about the term 'bokeh' just recently after reading countless reviews on different lens type.

    The food was definitely prepared beautifully and with lots of attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete